Just for you guys, I have found the most AMAZING recipe by the equally amazing Zoe, from The Complete Detox Cleanse Nourish Blog. With permission, I was able to share it with you guys here!
Zoe says: It’s SO creamy and rich, but the raspberries lend that lovely tartness that is perfectly balanced by a drizzle of raw chocolate. I love those flavours with a bit of zest that cut through the richness of the chocolate.
So, what are you waiting for?! I know what I’m making this weekend!
RAW RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE (BY ZOE TATTERSALL)
2 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
8 medjool dates, pitted
1 cup raw almonds
⅓ cup shredded coconut
150g raw cashews (soaked)
50ml rice malt or coconut syrup
250g fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
4 tbsp organic coconut oil, room temperature
⅓ cup rice malt or coconut syrup
¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Line a 20cm square baking pan with enough baking paper to overlap two sides of the pan.
- To make the base, place the coconut oil, dates and almonds in a food processor and whiz to a coarse paste. Press firmly and evenly into the prepared pan, then transfer to the freezer to firm up.
- For the cheesecake filling, place the coconut oil, rice malt or coconut syrup, raspberries and cashews in a clean high-speed blender and whiz to a smooth paste. Spread the mixture evenly over the chilled base, then return to the freezer to firm up.
- For the chocolate drizzle, place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth (working with the coconut oil at a softened consistency is best, but melt it first if you have to).
- You can either smooth over the chilled raspberry filling, then return the pan to the freezer to set OR slice the cheesecake up and then drizzle the chocolate over each piece.
- Either way, use a hot knife (dip into boiling water and dry with a tea towel in between slices), cut into 18 bars to serve. Keep frozen or refrigerated until ready to serve.
Thanks again to Zoe from Detox Cleanse Nourish!