Okay, this is possibly the EASIEST DIY body scrub you will ever make! It’s all-natural, vegan, and has so many amazing benefits. It tastes… I mean… smells yummy, and anybody can make it! If you’re interested in starting your own DIY skin care, make-up, etc, this is a great beginners recipe!
Benefits of Coffee
- Exfoliates, smooths and softens skin
- Brightens and tightens for a fresh look
- Reduces puffiness, stimulates, and awakens (thank you, caffeine!) by improving circulation
- Filled with antioxidants that help fight against free radicals and speeding cell renewal, in turn reducing skin damage and the signs of ageing
- Calms and balances skin affected by inflammation and sensitivity
- Has been known to reduce cellulite, stretch marks, eczema, acne and spots
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Moisturises gently but thoroughly, absorbing easily into pores and dissolving hardened sebum
- It softens the skin making exfoliation (with the coffee) much more effective
- Removes makeup and other forms of everyday pollution
- Antibacterial, preventing acne and infections
- Triglycerides attract protein molecules, repairing the collagen layer and reducing wrinkles
- Spreads well and goes the distance. Can be used cold, as it melts as soon as it touches your skin
Have I convinced you yet? Okay, here we go:
1/2 cup fresh coffee grounds
1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- Mix together in a bowl – that’s it. It’s that easy.
- a) Spoon entire mixture into a container, seal, and store in the fridge, OR
b) Spoon mixture into ice cube tray and store in freezer – the cubes will be super convenient and no-mess! Once set, you can then transfer the cubes to a container to seal (they will need to stay in the freezer to keep their shape)
The mixture can be made in smaller or larger batches – just keep the ratio of coffee/coconut the same! For example, if you prefer using it fresh (not kept in the freezer), you could mix up a small batch each time you wish to scrub up.
The scrub is safe to use on your entire body, including the face. I love the gentle exfoliation and major moisturisation on my face – I also have super sensitive skin, and this is friendly to me. It can also be used as a lip scrub! Go on, give it a try!